The COVID-19 pandemic has had devastating effects for many. But until we have a vaccination to combat the virus, we must try to do everything we can to mitigate the risk to our businesses. Reducing uncertainty is critical in planning our way through this crisis. Reassurance and confidence is key to motivating the workforce, their families and customers.
And the best way to do this is by knowing what's happening to our people, through accurate, fast and affordable testing.
At MDNA Life Sciences we have a suite of COVID-19 tests to help you and your business. What makes us different? We are a relatively small testing business, so we can customise our service to suit your exact need. We’re highly responsive, with a fast turnaround from pick-up to result reporting. And we are not bound in bureaucracy or layers of management, so we can offer a very competitive pricing structure.
We have a number of tests available to help your business operate more safely:
COVID-19 PCR Testing
MDNA uses a PCR test to detect the presence of genetic material (RNA) specific to the COVID-19 virus. PCR tests are recognised as the gold standard for COVID-19 testing. For the test, a nose and throat swab is taken and analysed in our laboratory. The test can detect the presence of the virus RNA even when the subject is has no symptoms. The result of a PCR test enables employers to know if it is safe for employees to continue to work or if isolation is necessary. Test results are securely emailed to employers 24 to 48 hours from receipt of the sample at the laboratory. Quick, accurate answers that enable more effective workforce planning.
COVID-19 Antibody Testing
COVID-19 Antibody Testing This serological blood test detects antibodies produced by the immune system in response to the virus. It can determine whether a person has had the virus and, subject to professional medical advice, may play a part in considering whether a person should report for work or not
COVID-19 Environmental Surface Testing
These swab tests can detect the virus on all kinds of surfaces in workplace spaces: production lines, canteens, vehicles, meeting rooms etc. It can inform your COVID-19 risk plan to avoid spreading the virus and the measures you may need to take to align with public health guidelines.
MDNA can tailor a service to suit your particular requirement including:
- Regulatory approved sample collection kits and devices
- On site sample collection by a trained medical professional
- All sample collection kit and sample delivery logistics
- Secure, electronic test reporting via email
- Adherence to public health authority regulations
We have created a specific testing protocol for sports organisations. It meets the need for fast, accurate turnaround for team selections and last-minute decisions on playing staff, changing room safety and secure and confidential reporting, as well as possible medical supervision of sampling. We can offer an end-to-end service.
- We have a state-of-the-art laboratory in Newcastle upon Tyne equipped to Category 2 Biological Safety standard (the standard required for COVID-19 antigen testing).
- We hold a license from the UK Human Tissue Authority and our procedures are compliant with the ISO 15189:2012 standard, which specifies the requirements for quality and competence in medical laboratories. We also operate a Quality Management System which is ISO 13485:2016 compliant.
- Our COVID-19 test has been validated using samples from patients confirmed with COVID-19 infection.
- We are a long-established company with a world-class track record in developing tests for the detection of biomarkers for various diseases and have a deep understanding of the science of DNA and RNA (on which the COVID-19 antigen test is based).
- We are relatively 'small' company compared to others, but this gives us the freedom to be quick, nimble, creative and highly responsive. We are not burdened by bureaucracy or public health backlogs.
- In short, we can deliver what we promise.